View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandagrim
Retired Kin Leader / Legacy Officer
Explorer

re: Bandy's Summer Adventure - Part One

Hey Everyone,

If anyone is wondering where in the world Bandy is, then greetings from the warm state of South Carolina. The past twelve days since I left Connecticut and Middle Earth behind have been quite hectic, but I now have a few moments to pause and give an update about how things are going for me.

The past week in New York City was amazing. I had a great time doing music in different churches with a group of young people from all over. There was never a dull moment and always plenty of food. The only thing we lacked was decent sleep, but I have been working on that the past two days. Happy

Saturday was are big site-seeing day. It was quite funny to see everyone's expressions when we got into Manhattan and were at the base of all these huge buildings. Out of the thirteen people that were in the group only three of us had been in NYC before, so we had some fun laughing at the new peoples culture shock. For instance, the place we were staying at is directly over a subway line so every 15 minutes the building would shake. Well the first time it happened a few of them freaked thinking it was an earthquake. LOL.

Well, I have a few more days off before the next group comes in on Sunday and we start practicing for the overseas trip. We leave for Singapore a week from Monday. So before I know it I will be on the other side of the world. A lot to do the next week and a half.

Stay in touch everyone. I miss you all very much and look forward to being back in August. Have a great week, my friends.

Your world traveling hobbit,
Bandy
Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Fun! Love hearing the stories.

Explorer

Thanks for the update Bandy, and it was good speaking with you as well.
Be safe, and don't drink the water....

Maeg.

Jump to: