View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maegilthalion
Officer / Donator
Explorer

re: Maybe I'm crazy, but I have fun...

Well, most of you know that I'm a little umm eccentric at times.
bent, demented, whatever. I have to relay an experience while hunting last winter, mixed with 'the amusement park in my head' as Braswell calls it.
(disclaimer: no critters were harmed in the making of this tale)

I don't know if any of you have ever seen a show called "Finding Bigfoot". Admittedly, I have a fascination with this subject. No, I've never been abducted by aliens, Elvis, and have never been 'probed'.
There was one episode of Finding Bigfoot that was filmed where I hunt, in Morgan Monroe State Forest, Indiana. There is an old cemetary in this forest that they filmed at, which gave their location away. My deer blind was less than a mile away from this cemetary last season.
For non cryptozoological geeks, bigfoot reports often include the throwing of rocks and sticks at the unwary.

The forest is a mat of crunchy leaves, so you can hear anything approaching from a long way. Nice quiet calm day, and I'm sitting there, and I hear what I think is a rock thrown into the leaves about 20' from my back.
I'm thinking: no way- ..... then I hear what sounds like another 'skipping' sized rock crash into the leaves behind me.
I turned around very slowly to see if I could determine what was causing this. All I see is this tiny bird sitting on a branch about 20' from me. A little bigger than a golf ball.
I started scanning the distance to see if I could see anything that could throw a rock, thinking another hunter might be messing with me as well. Ok, I was fairly alarmed I admit it....
So I'm scanning and suddenly this tiny bird hears something under those leaves he JUST has to have, launches himself violently off his perch, and smacks into the leaves with the force of a divebomber. I'm not sure how that tiny thing lived through the impact. Whatever was under those leaves must have been very tasty.
When I then realized what was happening, I scared all the deer for miles with my laughter.

Of course it later dawned on me: the tiny birds are obviously in cahoots with the bigfoots, causing people to mistake things they see and hear in the forest.
yes, they still let me play with guns...
Aren't you glad you have such a wise leader?

Maeg.

re: big foot

I a set of foot print in the state of Washington back in the early 80s. They were close to 2 feet classic big foot prints.
Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

re: Maybe I'm crazy, but I have fun...

That's not a sasquatch... THIS is a sasquatch!

http://www.tourismharrison.com/Our-Sasquatch

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: