View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

re: Mini Healing Guide

Minstrel Raid Healing

Prep:

Spend all your points into Watcher of Resolve (blue trait) line and the remaining into yellow to unlock the Anthem of Composure and the fellow heal (inspire fellows).

Use Resonance stance (blue). Red is for DPS and yellow is for moors or backing up another healing mini.

Will + Vit food. Balance the two. Shoot for 19 K health for T1 and 22 K health for T2. Your Tact Mast will suffer so I have a bracelet loaded with morale for tough boss fights that I know I will be getting hit.

Health and power pots. Cause you'll use them.

Sheet Music: Stop induction interruptions and saves on power but the buff is so quick (10s) it's hard to make it feel worthwhile.

Weapons:

Raid healers must have healing legacies on their weapons. Healing a T2 with a DPS weapon ain't going to work. Max your Rally cool down and induction time legacy is a must.

Priority in your group:

1.    Heal yourself; a dead mini does no heals.
2.    Heal the tank; a dead tank is a soon to be dead mini.
3.    Heal the cappy; he can rez you (hopefully he is saving his rez for you or the tank)
4.    Heal the rest. You can rez them when it's convenient.

Rezzing for success:

If you have a friend who (bless their hearts) keeps dying, think twice about blowing your Rally on them too often. Your Rally skill cool down can mean the success or failure of the fight in some cases. Blowing it on someone who will die again in a second is a waste. Throw them a kiss  and wait for an out of combat rez, unless you are desperate for their DPS. 

If there is a cappy in the group call it out when you do choose to use your in combat rez. You don't want them to use theirs at the same time and put you both on cool down.

If there is an RK in the group ask for the leader to assign someone to take their DO NOT FALL. This is an instant in combat rez but requires them also to be alive in order for it to work. Sometimes the tank will take it, sometimes the mini.

You want to be central in the group. Stand far enough away from the mobs that you don't catch AoE damage but close enough to be able to do some short range (oh shit) heals. It takes some practice to know the best distance to be effective and safe. The ranged DPS should be close to you and spread out a little so they can keep an eye on you for ads but won't affect you with those nasty AoE debuffs if there is one. If one of your fellow mates goes all Leeroy Jenkins or suddenly shy of the group, let them go. Don't stress out about reaching someone who won't stay with the group. It is their problem, not yours. Your number one priority is keeping the tank alive.

Sometimes if you have ads it's better to yell to the tank "I've got ads and bringin to you" if you can manage it. They will see you coming and throw out a shout. Sometimes it's better to go to them than have them drag the mob to the rest of the group. Even better is to have a hunter peel it off you and take it to the tank themselves.

On with the show! Slow down on your button pushing. Practice at the training dummy to see how quickly you can hit a skill without cancelling out the last one. Button mashing = sloppy playing and unpredictable results.

1.    Step one: Build your Ballads

Minor Ballad, Perfect Ballad and Major Ballad have a chance to unlock the anthems and coda. Once all three land you get the buffs: +14 % healing, and - 5% power cost etc.

If doing the first two ballads will get you into trouble (they do DPS while the tank is getting aggro), use Cry of Chorus to build all three quickly while using no aggo skills.

2.    Step two: Choose an Anthem

Resonant Anthem of the Third age = - 25% induction, and + 10 % healing.

Anthem of Composure = + 6949 resistance, + 5167 Tact Mit. If your group is having trouble with bleeds use this one, otherwise with the one above.

Anthem of War = no use to a healing mini.

3.    Step three: Single target heals with Bolster Courage (BC) and Chord of Salvation (CoS). BC has no cooldown but it does have a biggish induction. CoS will do a little heal to buy you time for the better one. Or reverse it for the BC + CoS combo heal. Practice it on a dummy. Need to get the timing just right so you don't interrupt the BC induction.

4.    Throw Soliloquy of Spirit on your tank. It stacks three times with a short cool down. Gives a moderate heal over time and power boost. I usually spot heal with BC and pop an SoS on the tank in between.

5.    Step four: If everything is under control or the whole group needs some love mix in your group heals; inspire fellows and fellowship heart.

Oh Shit Skills! (in order of strength):

Fellowships Heart: Biggish heal over time for the group. During inferno or lots of ads around is a good time to hit this.

Perfect Ending is HUGE fast heal with a power boost to one recipient. When 7 heals have been used the skill PE is available for a short time. Use it while you've got it.

Coda of Resonance: Large single heal with a -10% damage buff. It lasts 10 seconds and removes all your Ballads so you'll have to rebuild those to get the buffs in between single target healing.

Triumphant Spirit: Use Call to Ioreth + TS is a MASSIVE heal. It will also probably get you into trouble. Be ready to flop if you get aggro.

How you can help your team:

Piercing cry is your corruption removal and interrupt skill.

Healer's Strike does a small group heal and corruption removal but requires close combat and therefore not recommended.

Story of Courage will put a fear buff on your buds.

Bubble them...if you feel like it. The morale bonus is small compared to the RKs bubble. Don't worry about it unless you feel like seeing the funky bubble.

Melody of Battle puts a +404 parry bonus on your tank.

Got Ads on you?:

Shame on your ranged DPS buddies for not seeing it! Call out "I've got ads on me" and watch the group suddenly care about you again.

If you were lucky enough to have made your mini a hobbit you have two flops. Use them. If you have a cool down legacy, get floppy! All the cool kids do it.

Use your fear to chase away the baddie. Hopefully someone else will grab it before it comes back.

F1 is a quick way to target yourself. Hit F1 and Bolster Courage, triumphant spirit, anything that keeps you alive.

Spirit of Freedom will shake a daze.

Cry of Chorus will break silences.

Stats that are helpful to know: I'm not saying I am the best mini around but I've been around the raiding "block". These are my stats and I am still working on a few. If you have suggestions on how I can improve, I'm all ears.

Will         4,010
Crit         6,603 (needs work)
Finesse     6,091
Tact Mastery    57,862 (outgoing healing 75%)
Phys Mit    40%
Tact Mit    45% (maxed)

Wanderer

Nice read. Good info ty for guide :D

Dadi
Proudcdn
Explorer

I removed all the Word code that was there.  You just need to format (i.e. Bold, colours, etc.).

Marswarlord
Past Officer
Explorer

Aly always told me to start with Cry of the Chorus to avoid the agro at the start. Great write-up.

re: Mini Guide

Thank you this is awesome! 

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

I'm going to change a couple of things. Writing this has helped me improve my skill rotation and traits...and legacies...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: