View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

re: Regular T2 Osgiliath Group?

I've been thinking a lot about the first group last night, and I think it could have worked, and potentially brought down the elephant even faster than the later group, but it would have required a bit more dance.  The later group operated on brute force and corpse pushing.

Using a TA:

Save oathies.

Reveal Weakness remains on Upal'Keng at all times to avoid the 5 second cool down between mobs.

Whole group focuses on one archer.  Bring archer down, create puddle.

Oathies on Upal'Keng only while puddle exists, whole group switches.  Rinse, repeat.

If Oathies is on and we're in a puddle, we heal through it, do not move.

What I saw last night looked more like:

Whole group on Upal'Keng.

Those who can, use AoEs to hopefully take down an archer now and then.

Oathies whenever it comes up.

Ignore puddle and move whenever mobs spawn.

I will also be reviewing my DPS spec, since apparently CC isn't worth anything in the new instances (again), to see if I can move some points and get Enrage so damage can be boosted during the puddle even more.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

I'd love to have the TA watching the healer to see which archer is causing the trouble and kill that one first. I was dying when both my flops were on cool down as the guard can't reach the archers fast enough.

Explorer

Without the guard grabbing agro on the archers first, the TA will doom the DPSs to die.  As soon as that archer turns on the TA or other DPSs, they're going to start taking 8k damage per hit.  Tap him with friends, and you can expect to die instantly if you're not a tank.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Then it would be reasonable to use target forwarding and have the tank search out the nasty archer? He doesn't need to be beside the archer for the group to be able to shoot through him eh?

I might carry this into a seperate thread as its a tangent, but I think a well spec'ed out beorning healer could do wonders in these T2 instances. Mine is almost fully deeded and only missing one trait point from ashes and stars but I had held off getting DA slotted armour due to the agility instead of might. Obviously the Osgiliath armour would do the trick but getting it is the problem so I may have no choice other than going with agility slotted armour for now or at least partial to raise tactical mastery and mitigation.

I've played around with the trait tree and it seems like the way to go is heavy yellow with dips into blue for wrath regen from hearten and dips into red for crit rating and wrath from sacrifice. Mark of Beorn plus sacrifice should be enough to power all of the massive heals and keep the tank alive. No clue what happens when the guard in turn also shields the Beorning or another character but bouncing damage strategically could help a lot too.

So just wondering if anyone knows of a good configuration, otherwise I'll play with it and do a class writeup. I need to finish deeding and tweak out my legacies again but just testing out the healing spec with low tactical mastery produced some rather impressive results.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: