View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seggal
Past Officer
Explorer

re: Resource - Hide Farming

Resource - Hide Farming

I see people ask from time to time for good spots to farm hides.   I put together a list of my preferred places that I believe to be the most efficient.  If any of you have other suggestions for good spots, please let me know and I can update this list.

Sturdy Hides -  Hoar-Mantles drop multiple hides per kill and can be found east and west of Esteldin.  I prefer the area East in Kingstell (11.2S, 44.2W).

Pristine Hides - There are many places to farm Pristine hides that you can do along side rep/deed farming.  For pure hide farming, I suggest Brunen Gorge in Trollshaw.  There are three bear enclaves and the wolves den.    These areas are all Southwest of Thorenhad (34.0S, 13.8W).   Another solid location brought to my attention with Multi-droppers and lots of mobs for area deeds is Bruinen Source East (22.2S, 0.4E).

Exceptional Hides - There are multi-droppers in Forochel and Misty Mountains.  I prefer Forochel because the Hoar-Mantle Cows always spawns as cows whereas the Hoar-mantles in Misty Mountains share a spawn point with Wargs and Goblins.   There is a good area in West Ita-Ma (5.9N, 75.9W).   There are 3 or 4 herds there and plenty of other furry creatures to kill as you move between the herds.

Magnificent Hides - Best spot hands-down is in Endewaith, in the Windfells area (61.6S, 14.5W).  There are 4 spawns of Druggavar, multi-droppers that respawn almost immediately after getting killed.  Even at 95, its a challenge to kill all 4 before they start to respawn.  The downside is they only spawn at night.   For day time, I recommend the Library area (Katub-Zahar, 7.0S, 111.2W), just north of Dolven-View in Moria.

Calenard Hides - The area surrounding Galtrev is just full of fur-bearing critters more than willing to donate their hides but I prefer the area East and North of Stangard (25.9S, 62.4W).  The goats there are multi-droppers and in addition, there is a large area of hounds that are easily farmed.   With the new expansion, Helm's Dyke, the Wold Grazers surrounding Langhold (The Wold, 36,1S, 52.5W) also drop Calenard Hides in addition to Riddermark.

Riddermark Hides - The afore mentioned Wold area seems to be the best for Riddermark.  The Wold Grazers are multi-droppers and its also an excellent area to mine/harvest for ore, wood, and Rohan crests.

Best Wishes

Segg

Last edited by Seggal on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Great ty! I've been looking for a new large hide farming spot.

Explorer

Added to the Wiki

Maegilthalion
Officer / Donator
Explorer

Excellent posting, thanks for this.  Kinnies should always farm their own materials (IMHO) on most occasions, and giving everyone a direction to go for the most efficient use of their time is just the ticket!

*salute*

Maeg.

For Pristine hides the place if found to get a couple of stacks quickly is east bruinen source in MM there's snow mantles there which drop multiple along with wolves for single drops.

Seggal
Past Officer
Explorer

Mafrandir wrote:

For Pristine hides the place if found to get a couple of stacks quickly is east bruinen source in MM there's snow mantles there which drop multiple along with wolves for single drops.

I confirmed this spot this morning.  For some reason, I had thought those Mantles dropped the next tier.

Faldo
Wanderer

re: Anorien Hides

Anorien hides seem hard to come by as mobs are quite spread out. I've taken to running Warg Pens on level 100 solo to farm the hides for my tailor. I can do this on my burglar.

There are fights that will require fighting 4 mobs at once so I use the provoke gamble to get a 1 minute mez. But I could see how this might be a challenge for other squishy classes. I just clear out all the wargs up to the first boss and then leave the instance, wait 5 minutes and restart the instance again.

Anyone have a better idea?

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Warg pens is the place to farm hides for sure.

Wanderer

I got most of my hides from Warg Pens, I'd be happy to run it with you if you needed assistance, once I'm back in the game. But I did happen to find quite a few hides outside the north gate of MT. There were quite a bit of bucks/doe and wargs out that way.

Ams

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Faldo, I just did my beast slayer deed and have nearly 200 hides. Hit me up if you still need them.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: