View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

re: Minstrel Raid Healing

Minstrel Raid Healing

Prep:

Spend all your points into Watcher of Resolve (blue trait) line and the remaining into yellow to unlock the Anthem of Composure and the fellow heal (inspire fellows) plus buckets more tactical mastery.

Use Resonance stance (blue). 

Have two sets of jewelry ideally. One for survival and one for "glass cannon".

Health and power pots.

Sheet Music stops induction interruptions and saves on power but the buff is so quick (10s) it's hard to make it feel worthwhile.

Weapons:

Raid healers must have healing legacies on their weapons. Healing a T2C with a DPS weapon isn't going to work. Max your Rally cool down and - induction time legacy is a must.

Priority in your group:

1.    Heal yourself; a dead mini does no heals.
2.    Heal the tank; a dead tank is a soon to be dead mini.
3.    Heal the cappy; he can rez you (hopefully he is saving his rez for you or the tank)
4.    Heal the rest. You can rez them when it's convenient.

Rezzing for success:

If you have a friend who (bless their hearts) keeps dying, think twice about blowing your Rally on them too often. Your Rally skill cool down can mean the success or failure of the fight in some cases. Blowing it on someone who will die again in a second is a waste. Throw them a kiss and wait for an out of combat rez, unless you are desperate for their DPS. 

If there is a cappy in the group call it out when you do choose to use your in combat rez. You don't want them to use theirs at the same time and put you both on cool down.

If there is an RK in the group ask for the leader to assign someone to take their DO NOT FALL. This is an instant in combat rez but requires them also to be alive in order for it to work. Often the mini will get it and the group may be lucky to get a second on the tank.

You want to be central in the group. Stand far enough away from the mobs that you don't catch AoE damage but close enough to be able to do some short range (oh shit) heals. It takes some practice to know the best distance to be effective and safe. The ranged DPS should be close to you and spread out a little so they can keep an eye on you for ads but won't affect you with those nasty AoE debuffs if there is one. If one of your fellow mates goes all Leeroy Jenkins or suddenly shy of the group, let them go. Don't stress out about reaching someone who won't stay with the group. It is their problem, not yours. Your number one priority is keeping the tank alive.

Sometimes if you have ads it's better to yell to the tank "I've got ads and bringing to you" if you can manage it. They will see you coming and throw out a shout. Sometimes it's better to go to them than have them drag the mob to the rest of the group. Even better is to have a hunter peel it off you and take it to the tank themselves.

On with the show! Slow down on your button pushing. Practice at the training dummy to see how quickly you can hit a skill without cancelling out the last one. Button mashing = sloppy playing and unpredictable results.

1. Pre-buff

If aggro isn't a big concern, throw Soliloquy of Spirit on your tank. It stacks three times with a short cool down. Gives a moderate heal over time and power boost. I usually hit the tank with SoS and Inspire fellows (- 4% damage buff) when the group is just about ready to head in to the fight.

Melody of Battle puts a +404 parry bonus on your tank.

2. Build your Ballads

Minor Ballad, Perfect Ballad and Major Ballad have a chance to unlock the anthems and coda. Once all three land you get the buffs: +14 % healing, and - 5% power cost etc.

At the start of any boss fight you will want to use Cry of the Chorus instead of building ballads (which do DPS while the tank is getting aggro). CotC gives +18 % outgoing healing while it is active in combat and an additional 28.2 % for 10 seconds and other goodies. It's worthwhile using that skill as often as you can.

3. Choose an Anthem.

While in Resonance only one Anthem can be active at a time and will only affect your fellow. If there is a second mini in the group, ask them to not override your anthems with their own. If you are a yellow traited mini (for fellow buffs) the anthems will stack and you should be the only one casting them.

Resonant Anthem of the Third Age = - 25% induction, and + 10 % healing.

Anthem of Composure = + 6949 resistance, + 5167 Tact Mit. If your group is having trouble with bleeds use this one, otherwise with the one above.

Anthem of War = buffs the group if DPS is called for.

Note: Cast Anthem of War first to buff the fellow and then cast Resonant Anthem. The group buff will stay on your fellow and you will get the healing buff.

4. Game on! 

A mini's strength is group heals. Plan your rotation for big single heals with some group heals thrown in if the situation calls for it.

The most popular heals are Bolster Courage and Chorus of Salvation. Bolster has no cool down but the post heal animation seems to take forever. You can interrupt this induction time with Chord of Salvation. If you can perfect the timing, you can land Bolster and interrupt the rest of the animation with Chorus. Chorus is also a fellow heal so you are topping up everyone else nearly constantly. Practice it on a dummy to make sure you aren't interrupting your biggest heal with this smaller one.  

If everything is under control or the whole group needs some love mix in your group heals; Inspire Fellows, Chord of Salvation and Fellowship Heart. Inspire fellows is the best group heal especially if you hit Call to Ioreth (+100% heal crit) before you use it.

Fellowships Heart: Heal over time for the group. During inferno or lots of ads around is a good time to hit this. The induction time is huge so depending on the situation this may not be the best choice.

Perfect Ending is HUGE fast heal with a power boost to one recipient. When 7 heals have been used the skill PE is available for a short time. Use it while you've got it.

Coda of Resonance: Huge single heal with a -10% damage buff. It removes all your Ballads so you'll have to rebuild those (hit Cry of Chorus) to get the buffs.

Triumphant Spirit: Use Call to Ioreth + TS is a MASSIVE heal to anyone standing in 20 meters of you (so pretty much on top of you). It will also probably get you into trouble. Be ready to flop if you get aggro. If you use it wisely it can be your best friend.

How you can help your team:

Piercing cry is your corruption removal and interrupt skill. If you are savy enough to watch your fellow's morale while running around to safe spots AND can watch the boss for inductions, you are one kick ass mini. If you have a hunter friend in the group (who honestly can watch Netflix during a boss fight), ask them nicely to call out boss inductions if they see it and if the leader doesn't mind. Every major boss skill interrupted is one less massive group heal you have to do.

Healer's Strike does a small group heal and corruption removal but requires close combat and therefore not recommended.

Story of Courage will put a fear resist buff on your buds and removes one effect from the whole fellow who are within 15 meters.

Bubble them...if you feel like it. The morale bonus is small compared to the RKs bubble. Don't worry about it unless you feel like seeing the funky bubble.

Got Ads on you?:

Shame on your ranged DPS buddies for not seeing it! Call out "I've got ads on me" and watch the group suddenly care about you again. Remember to run TOWARDS the tank if you need help. Never run away.

If you were lucky enough to have made your mini a hobbit you have two flops. Use them. If you have a cool down legacy, get floppy! All the cool kids do it.

Use your fear to chase away the baddie. Hopefully someone else will grab it before it comes back.

F1 is a quick way to target yourself. Hit F1 and Bolster Courage, triumphant spirit (+ flop), anything that keeps you alive.

Spirit of Freedom will shake a daze.

Cry of Chorus will break silences.

Last edited by Hafwen Elfling on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

"1. Pre-buff

Throw Soliloquy of Spirit on your tank. It stacks three times with a short cool down. Gives a moderate heal over time and power boost. I usually hit the tank with SoS and Inspire fellows (- 4% damage buff) when the group is just about ready to head in to the fight.

Melody of Battle puts a +404 parry bonus on your tank."

In certain fights, large pulls, it can be a bit dangerous to apply SoS before the pull.

"3. Choose an Anthem.

While in Resonance only one Anthem can be active at a time. If there is a second mini in the group, ask them to not override your anthems with their own. If you are a yellow traited mini (for fellow buffs) the anthems will stack and you should be the only one casting them.

Resonant Anthem of the Third age = - 25% induction, and + 10 % healing.

Anthem of Composure = + 6949 resistance, + 5167 Tact Mit. If your group is having trouble with bleeds use this one, otherwise with the one above.

Anthem of War = buffs the group if DPS is called for."

In Resonance if you cast Anthem of War or Anthem of Composure before casting Anthem of the Third Age you end up with the rest of the group having the first anthem on them while you have the Anthem of the Third Age on yourself.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

^^ awesome! I didn't know that.

Explorer

Very nice guide!

Couple hints:

Someone in kin chat (laly?  don't remember) had a great hint to help with burst healing.  You can pop resonant anthem of the the age, hit coda and spam your bolster button for ~3+ massive instant heals.  The coda works as normal, and the buffed insta-cast bolster goes off multiple times because of lag/bug/buff latency reasons.  That's a ton of aoe and single-target healing in a pinch.

Also, I would just use major ballad three times while healing, for an 18% healing buff.  This also prevents the need for enemy target switching.  You don't need to use others, any of them can stack with themselves.  And to clarify, once you cast three ballads in combat, you unlock anthems and codas, there's no randomness to it.

Wait a sec! So you are saying if you hit major ballad three times instead of minor and perfect, it counts as three ballads? I always thought it was the three ballads that worked in succession, not just any three. That takes care of the DPS issue but I still prefer the ease of Cry of Chorus with the cooldown legacy on my weapon. I've got buffbars slider and watch for it to run out before I hit it again.

When you say spam your Bolster button for the heals burst, you wait for the animation to finish or do you just go all out? That warms my button mashing heart...or wait maybe I just peed myself I was so excited.

Explorer

Yep, any ballad works. You just have to wait a second for the ability cool down if using the same one. Weird but works.

For the anthem+coda+insta bolster, when I tried it you didn't have to time anything, just mash/tap the button a few times within a second or so. Always got two instant bolsters out along with the coda

And yeah cry of the chorus is amazing. I'm barely on my mini and never really used it much, but it's theoretically great with the legacy lol

Yeah, the Cry of the Chorus legacy is great.  With the legacy at T35+ I have Cry of the Chorus ready to click at the start of every fight.  I never need to cast ballads while healing.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

I did the bolster, bolster, bolster tonight and it worked like a charm! that's awesome.

Noob

re: Anthems

just would like to thank you for putting this together and set the record straight on one particular piece:

If there is a second mini in the group, ask them to not override your anthems with their own.

if there are several minstrels in the fellowship, the anthems will all stack on top of each other.

there is no loss or 'overriding" whatsoever. 

however, in terms of overriding, it is echoes of battle that can be erased by the most recently cast and since there is a tier 44 legacy and yellow line trait points that can also reduce a targets critical defence,  it is best to have only one minstrel cast the echoes of battle. 

- Emelyn 

Mercho

re: Re: Anthems

Jaderen wrote:

just would like to thank you for putting this together and set the record straight on one particular piece:

If there is a second mini in the group, ask them to not override your anthems with their own.

if there are several minstrels in the fellowship, the anthems will all stack on top of each other.

there is no loss or 'overriding" whatsoever. 

however, in terms of overriding, it is echoes of battle that can be erased by the most recently cast and since there is a tier 44 legacy and yellow line trait points that can also reduce a targets critical defence,  it is best to have only one minstrel cast the echoes of battle. 

- Emelyn 

I am fairly certain yellow anthems do override each other.  I'm pretty sure all blue and all red stack.  So if a fellowship had 2 yellow minstrels, 2 blue minstrel, and 2 red minstrels you should have 2 blue minstrel anthems up (1 each from the 2 blue minstrels), 2 red minstrel anthems up (1 each from the red minstrels) and 3 yellow minstrel anthems up (3 from one of the yellow minstrels).

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

All these minis buffing each other sound very kinky.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: