View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dstini
Explorer

re: Yellow minis break the game

I really thought they changed this a while ago so you can't stack the same anthem, but you can still stack 3x anthem of war, for +15% +45% tactical damage and +>10k phys/tactical mastery for the group.  My yellow mini already matches her red line output because of the buffs, and that's going to strongly increase once I buy the SoEs she needs in the next patch.

With cry of the chorus, you can have two anthems running before a fight even starts, and all anthems last >1 minute in the build.

Other yellow buffs include +4.5% tactical damage from ballads and a 90will/vit/fate aura.  If in a group with several heavy tactical damage dealers, you'd also be using coda for another 10% tactical damage for the group.  This adds up to DOUBLE DAMAGE for tactical damage dealers in the group.  If you have one other strong caster, it's absolutely worth going yellow.  If you have more, things are going to melt.  It's absurdly strong.

I was thinking of leveling my hunter or rk or warden or beorning to max, but I don't think people are really taking proper advantage of Mini and LM anyway...

I realized they stack but had no idea it was that crazy big! We were playing around with yellow builds in the moors a while back but it fizzled out. I'm going to play around with it today!

Explorer

The one thing is that you do need to subtrait red to get the 10% extra tact on anthem to really make this shine. Yellow seems pretty useless for healing but damage is okay and it's obviously amazing in groups. Just get the anthems up and check your tact damage tooltip. That difference affects the while fellowship. I really wish this game would make buffs raid wide so you could actually make some nice synergies

Raid wide would be amazing. The minis might fight over who gets to put up their anthem though. I prefer +10 % heals and others do + DPS for the group.

Explorer

I don't think there would be any limit on the amount of anthems one could have active on themselves, only outgoing anthems, unless there's something I don't know.  But that's also something I didn't think about, resonant third anthem reduces skill inductions by a huge amount.  That x3 would be amazing for healing minis and probably fire RKs and hunters (are there induction hunter builds end-game builds?).  Most other casters are more cooldown-limited.

I just tried it, and those do fully stack as well.  My yellow/red bolster goes from 2.5 seconds down to 1.9 down to 1.3 down to .6 seconds (and +30% outgoing healing).

So really, two different anthems are terribly broken, if you're able to fit two yellow minis in your group.

Explorer

NEVERMIND about resonant anthem of the third age being broken, does not affect fellowship members :(

Unsure if it's potentially useful in a yellow/blue healing build.

Explorer

Apparently you can have 4+ anthems active by switching traits before the battle.  This is probably grey area exploitative, as it clearly isn't intended, but still fun to think about:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?575577-Best-Mini-Shield-lv100&p=7605202#post7605202

When in healing it means you are trying to keep your group alive, correct? For example in Dome of Stars people need to interrupt the Door Wardens or the group gets hit with a massive AoE hit and a stun that can kill the group if the Door Warden gets his induction off, so by using Piercing cry to interrupt the Door Warden you are keeping your group alive, if that gets resisted and no other person in your group interrupts then squishy group members will die.

Finesse can help in many ways, you can use your fear to fear an enemy away which is especially helpful in Ruined City T2C to fear the Harrowing Spirit away from the tank if the tank has built aggro over your heals so that AoE can be used, you can't do this if the Fear is resisted because of your low finesse.

Also most Minstrels trait for the Cry/Call reset in Blue line because it resets Cry of the Chorus but if you want to help by doing a bit of DPS you can also utilize it to reset Piercing cry and Call of the second age, for instance you are in an AoE fight you use Call of the second age and cancel the long animation with Soliloquy of Spirit, Chord, Triumphant or Cry of the chorus and that will hit 50k+ and then the cry/call reset on healing skills procs and then you can do that same 50k+ hit again. Again you can't do all of this without Finesse.

If you are healing in Yellow and try to use the -9% outgoing damage debuff but your ballads keep getting resisted, you need finesse.

I could write a full on Essay why Finesse is needed on all classes in all lines just the majority of people don't play their class to the full extent of what is given to them hence why I never see out of kin Minstrels stacking 4x+ anthems (3x anthems from yellow and 1x for every other trait line you have bought) by trait swapping before a fight so they give 20k+ mastery and have Instant Bolster courage for 1 minute into a fight while in Blue and never see Yellow minstrels utilize the instant Bolster courage/IF combo for healing/buffing a group especially now that Anthem of composure stacking can overcap Resistance and Tactical Mitigation for the group.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: