View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daefarod
Noob

re: Use of TeamSpeak (not Ventrilo)

I've been trying to get TeamSpeak Ventrilo to work on my PC but it just refuses to resolve the DNS name. I'm using rarebreed.teamspeak.network but just not getting anywhere with it. I've tried pinging the name and that fails.

I'd love to raid with the rest of the kinship but, without TeamSpeak Ventrilo working, I don't see how I can.

Am I using the correct name or is there a specific numeric IP address I should be using? If the name is correct, does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem or fix could be? My ISP is AT&T U-verse and they've been not very helpful at all.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by Daefarod on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

"There is no excellence in archery without great labor."
-- Maurice Thompson
GDPR#4563365

re: GDPR#4563365

GDPR#4563365
Dadi
Proudcdn
Explorer

Hello,

I am assuming you mean TeamSpeak and not Ventrilo.  We do not use Ventrilo.

We will likely be switching to Discord in the near future.  We do have a Discord server and it is used for raiding too.

The issue you are having with TeamSpeak is entirely with your Network, Router, or ISP.

- Check your firewall and make sure it doesn't block TeamSpeak at all.
- Check your security software to make sure it doesn't block any ports or protocols (some like to block UDP traffic which is essential for TeamSpeak)
- Check your router and search for any firewall, SPI Firewall, DDoS Protection, Flood Protection or similar and disable those option
- Occasionally it helps to disable "UDP Checksum Offload" for the network card. On Windows this can be found in the device manager, properties of the network adapter under the advanced tab.
- Open a command prompt by typing CMD in the search of Windows.  Then type ipconfig /flushdns  This will reset your DNS cache. 

Daefarod
Noob

Woops, yes, I meant TeamSpeak (sorry). Thank you for all the great suggestions; I'll get cracking on trying them all. I'll also see if I can get my Discord set up as well.

-- Maurice Thompson
Daefarod
Noob

Update: I've check my firewall, security software, router, disabled UDP Checksum Offload and reset my DNS cache and nothing resolved the problem.

I then went into TeamSpeak itself, accessed its global list of available servers, and was able to successfully connect to random servers in Sweden, France, and Canada, all with the name ending in ".teamspeak.network". I've even been able to connect to random servers throughout the US, the UK, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.

So the connectivity problem really doesn't seem to have anything to do with my firewall, security software, or my router.

However, the TeamSpeak server list search function cannot find any server name starting with or containing "rarebreed". I'm at my wit's end. Any further thoughts?

-- Maurice Thompson
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Raiding Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: