View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

re: Rune-Keeper guide

Rune-Keeper guide posted in the Wiki section.  Please go have a look.  I'm open to suggestions on additional content to add, and corrections if found.

http://rarebreed.guildlaunch.com/gwiki/index.php?page_name=Rune-keeper_Class_Trainer&gid=233773

Aedhanthar
Officer
Explorer

Aur, this is great.  Thanks for posting, helps out a budding RK quite a bit.  Do you feel that Red line is that much higher dps than Yellow?  I've been running yellow up to now (lvl 48), but am now thinking of switching it up.

Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

So, it's completely dependent on the fight.  In a short fight (read, soloing most mobs one at a time), yellow's going to do more DPS because it ramps up faster and is all about instant damage.  In a longer fight, red line will absolutely out-DPS yellow in comparable gear by a factor of 150% or more.  That said, the fast burn combo I listed will almost nullify this argument in most scenarios, as it turns red line into a burst DPS temporarily.

Edit:  I should also qualify that yellow has one huge advantage over red:  mobility.  If you have to run and/or kite the mob to survive the fight, you can do that in red, but only using yellow line abilities available to all RK's.

Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

Continuing to update it as corrections are found and typos corrected.

Added suggested specializations and the pros and cons of each last night.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum