View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faldo
Wanderer

re: Essence Number Crunching

I recently heard in World that if you were using Robust essences instead of Masterfull essences, "You were doing it wrong." Basically the theory is that using a combination of Masterful Will essences and Morale essences will provide better stats.

Is this really true? I decided to check it out with the essence calculator!

To test this out I equipped a full set of Featured Instance 2-slot armor (Graven Word, no cloak) and Featured Instance 2-slot jewelry (Forgotten Spirits and Anduin Phial) and then I compared the final stats (all essences were T8 Supreme).

(Note: these numbers do not include base stats)

Test 1 - Robust Will (28x) in all slots

Morale 17533
Crit 0
Resist 14578
Tact Mastery 58409
Tact Mit 18899

Test 2 - Masterful Will (20x) and Morale (8x)

Morale 17525
Crit 840
Resist 12194
Tact Mastery

Tact Mit 18043

Conclusion:

As you can see, the Robust Will wins. For the same amount of morale it gives 2k more mastery and slightly higher resistance and mitigation. The only advantage of the Masterful Will combo is the 840 crit which is due to the 336 Fate on the Supreme Morale essences.

The reason for the difference is because the Robust Will setup gives 7168 Will, whereas the Masterful/Morale combo only provides 5976 Will. This is why the Robust Will setup out-performs the Masterful Essence combo.

Basically what this means is the combination of Will and Morale on the Robust Wills provides better stats than trying to piecemeal each stat individually (using separate mastery essences with morale essences to compensate). I am assuming that this will hold true for physical mastery as well but I have not yet tested it.

Comments welcome.

-Faldo

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Thanks for doing the math on that. I wondered myself which was better so I did a combination of the two.

Explorer

Thanks for doing the legwork on that.  Have you checked the Burg numbers with Robust Agility yet?  Just curious.

Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

I found the calculator and ran it.  It doesn't work for melees, you only end up with about 25-26k morale, so a few morale essences will be required.  Still pretty darn close, though!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Rune-keeper All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: