View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dadi
Proudcdn
Explorer

re: Imbuement and You

This is now up to date as of May 8 2:00pm.

Last edited by Proudcdn on Fri May 08, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dstini
Explorer

So we still need to hit rank 6 before imbuing to save on scrolls?  I have a little work to do before I can get right into it then.  Oh well, it'll probably take me a week or two for everything anyway.  At least I have plenty of medallions stockpiled for it.

Explorer

Dstini wrote:

So we still need to hit rank 6 before imbuing to save on scrolls?  I have a little work to do before I can get right into it then.  Oh well, it'll probably take me a week or two for everything anyway.  At least I have plenty of medallions stockpiled for it.

The Scroll of Delving is the important thing to have applied pre-imbuement.  So long as you have that you can wait to tier up the legacies after.  Although, I do recommend the LI be at least level 30.

Why exactly is it recommended to use items pre-imbuement? It seems that both Crystals (starlit, remembrance) and both Scrolls (delving, empowerment) will have the same functionality pre or post imbuement. 

Dadi
Proudcdn
Explorer

As stated in the post above, the Scroll of Delving pre-imbue results in a +1 tier soft cap to all legacies post-imbue.

Star-lit Crystals pre-imbue are only important for classes with secondary main stats (other than DPS); i.e. a LM.

Crystals of Remembrance pre-imbue means you have a 7th legacy in place and if you used the Scroll of Delving (see above) you get +1 to the soft cap post imbue. 

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

It seems overly complex.So if I get this straight: Use the scroll of delving, one crystal of remembrance, spend your LI points and have the legacies you want (not necessarily ranked) pre-imbue. Post imbue use the Anflas scrolls and the remaining crystals of remembrance (for more legacies) and other crystals.

Correct me if I am wrong pls.

Explorer

Hafwen Elfling wrote:

It seems overly complex.So if I get this straight: Use the scroll of delving, one crystal of remembrance, spend your LI points and have the legacies you want (not necessarily ranked) pre-imbue. Post imbue use the Anflas scrolls and the remaining crystals of remembrance (for more legacies) and other crystals.

Correct me if I am wrong pls.

Scroll of delving before absolutely, it gives everything an extra level on the cap

Crystal of remembrance you should probably use pre-imbue, although if you want to use it after you get to pick the legacy right away and only have to spend one more empowerment

You can use the empowerment scrolls before or after.  You'll have to use some after regardless.  But you should rank up to 70 to get the free legacy upgrades first.

Awesome ty for the clarification. I've been terrified of not doing something right that will cost scrolls. They ain't cheap!

Noob

Thank you for this info although now I'm scared to even look at my legendary panel lol :)

Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

Did my first last night on the burg (he was the only one completely ready).  Much less painful than I expected, and yet more in ways I did not expect.  That section at the top of Dadi's post about what it takes to get it up to par with pre-imbue?  Read it.  Got it?  Read it again.  Once you're sure you understand, read it a third time.  If you don't have 6,930,000 worth of IXP runes when you go to imbue, it's like creating a new 100 FA all over again.  No points.  None.  Everything is rank 1 again and you have no points to increase it. 

Personally, I wasn't completely without, so it wasn't a total loss, but I still feel like emphasizing it for others in case they don't have any ready.

So, my summary to make it feel like an upgrade, rather than a do-over: 

• Scroll of Delving
  • Level it all the way up
  • T6 legacies throughout (check against the table to make sure they will be what you expect in the end)
  • Make sure you max out DPS/Tact Mastery if has it (including star-lits if you can)
  • Save up at least 6,930,000 in IXP runes prior to imbuing.

Dadi
Proudcdn
Explorer

It is NOT a must to get your legacies to T6 before imbuing. What I refer to is that if you are using the LI, you might as well get the most out of it before you imbue. The keys to pre-imbue are;

1) Get LI to at least level 30 (take advantage of the free legacies at level 10, 20, 30).

2) Use a Scroll of Delving. This results in +1 to the soft cap of ALL legacies post imbue.

3) Use a Crystal of Remembrance to unlock the 7th legacy slot. See #2.  Choose the legacy before you imbue (this saves 1 Scroll of Empowerment).

4) Be sure you have all legacies that will result in the ones you want post imbue (some change; see the list in the write-up).

5) I recommend leveling to 70 to get the free tier upgrades at levels 40, 50, 60, and 70.  This will save you 4 Scrolls of Empowerment.

Rhonabwy
Recruit
Noob

A massive thanks for the write up - I found it very useful!

Proudcdn
Explorer

IMPORTANT UPDATE

It is NOT a must to get your legacies to T6 before imbuing. What I refer to is that if you are using the LI, you might as well get the most out of it before you imbue. The keys to pre-imbue are;

1) Get LI to at least level 30 (take advantage of the free legacies at level 10, 20, 30).

2) Use a Scroll of Delving. This results in a savings of 1 Anfalas Scroll of Delving (if you level it to 70 before imbuing).

3) Be sure you have all legacies that will result in the ones you want post imbue (some change; see the list in the write-up). This will save you Imbued Legacy Replacement Scrolls.

HOWEVER; if the legacy that you want to replace is higher than tier 2, you may want to wait until after imbuing.  Example; on my guard I have + Challenge Targets at T6.  I want to change this as the new legacy is Reactive Parry Damage (that I do not want).  I have two options;

i) I replace it before I imbue.  In doing so, the new legacy that I want to add is Charge Duration (which will become Shield Swipe Crit Rating.  It will start at T2 when I swap.  The result when I imbue is a soft cap of 27.  Essentially this has cost me 4 Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment.

ii) Do not change anything before imbuing.  My T6 Challenge Targets will become Reactive Parry Damage with a soft cap of 31.  I then would need to use an Imbued Legacy Replacement Scroll (or Mithril Coins) to change the legacy to Shield Swipe Crit Rating with a soft cap of 31.  This has cost me an Imbued Legacy Replacement Scroll.

4) I recommend leveling to 70 to get the free tier upgrades at levels 40, 50, 60, and 70. This will save you 4 Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment.

A Word On Scrolls of Delving

Using a Scroll of Delving before you imbue will unlock 10 levels (from 60 to 70) and if you level the LI to 70 it will tier up 1 legacy. After you imbue all legacies get a +1 on their soft cap tier.

Using a Scroll of Delving after you imbue will raise the soft cap tier of all legacies by 1. However, your LI would have only been at level 60 pre-imbue, meaning you did not get a chance to level it to 70 and take advantage of the free legacy tier upgrade.

Net result; using a SoD before imbuing saves you 1 Scroll of Anfalas.

A Word On Imbued Legacy Replacement Scrolls

These can only be used on imbued LIs. When you use one of these scrolls it will replace an existing legacy with any available legacy for your class (no duplicates though). There are no more "major" and "minor" designations, can can choose ANY legacy. The new legacy starts off at the same tier cap as the one you replaced it with, but all IXP is lost. Example; you replace a 32/32 Vexing Blow with Overwhelm Damage; the Overwhelm Damage becomes 1/32.

Last edited by Proudcdn on Sat May 09, 2015 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

I've got a silly question. What's a soft cap?

Explorer

The cap before you have to start using Scrolls of Empowerment.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum