View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Andlen
Wanderer

re: Minstrel healing guide

Minstrel Healing Guide

In this post I will discuss the elements needed to make our minstrel heals potent. We will discuss legacies on your legendary weapons, point allocation into trait trees ,skills and possible rotations.

I. Legendary Weapon and Book Legacies:

Most of us have been playing minstrels for a while so we know what legacies to get but will explain the important legacies and legacies that optional with healing benefits.

Legendary Weapon:

Major legacies :

1. Healing skills induction time:

As the name suggests it reduces induction time for healing skills and is one of the primary legacies to have on weapon.

2. Rally cooldown:

Another primary legacy it reduces the cooldown of your in combat revive.

3. Soliloquy of spirit healing:

Soliloquy of spirit is major HoT (Heal over Time) skill minstrels have. This legacy increases the healing from the pulses. This legacy is optional but I prefer to have it as u can stack soliloquy 3 times on tank and the heals from pulses add up.

4. Triumphant spirit cooldown:

Triumphant spirit is the major heal skill to use in emergency. This legacy reduces it cooldown and is very important to have.

5. Anthem Duration:

This legacy is optional as the anthem duration of 35 s can be obtained from trait tree.

Minor legacies:

1. Still as Death Cooldown:

Reduction of cooldown on skill that lets you get away from mobs is always good to have.

2. Call to Ioreth cooldown:

Optional legacy as the Call to Ioreth is not used very often.

Legendary Book :

Major legacies:

1. Healing and Motivation skills morale healing:

Must have legacy for healing, increases your overall heals.

2. Bolster courage healing:

Primary skill for aoe heals. Another must have legacy

3. Healing skills power cost: 

This is optional but i recommend considering im having power issues these days in drawn out fights.

4. Inspire fellows healing:

Optional legacy , choose it if you use this as primary aoe heal skill

5. Raise the spirit healing:

optional legacy, not really worth it considering low morale single target heal

Minor legacies :

1. Cry of the chorus cooldown:

Must have legacy, reduces the cooldown of the skill that provides some nice buffs.

2. Chord of salvation cooldown:

Must have legacy, reduces the cooldown of one of your immediate heal skills.

3. Hammerhand skills bubble magnitude:

Optional and not recommended, the bubble magnitude is very small to begin just not worth a slot.

Note: Stat legacies of Will and Vitality make a good choice to fill in the open slots. 

Weps

Above are my weapons at present for example.

II. Trait Tree Setup

There is no one trait tree setup one should follow as there are many ways to setup considering the choice of anthem duration legacy or not. The ideal setup in my opinion is to have blue as primary line with points spent in red and yellow for optimization.

Minstrel healing trait tree

1. The blue line points explain themselves. I dont use the bubbles on minstrel so i skipped them. 

2. 5 points in red line for increased tactical critical chance and multiplier.

3. Points in yellow for anthem duration and inspire fellows.

III. Skills Rotations:

Each individual has his own rotation of skills to get their optimal healing output. I will discuss few pointers to have maximum possible output.

1. Always have 3 major ballads on as it gives you increased outgoing healing and access to coda of resonance for emergencies.

2. Always have anthem going.

Chose a anthem:

Anthem of Third age:

My recommended anthem for the reduction in healing skill induction by 25% and 10% increase in outgoing healing

Anthem of Composure: 

Optional for increase in Tactical mitigation and resistance. Since everyone is expected to have max mits this anthem is not recommended.

3. Always keep soliloquy on tank it stacks to 3. 

4. Rotate Inspire fellows to provide the -4% dmg buff to your fellowship every 30s.

5. Notify your tank on your status of disability and emergency skill availability.

In case of emergency: Skill rotation I follow/recommend 

1. Use the coda of resonance to give instant heal to tank and provide increased incoming healing buff.

2. If you had anthem of third age on, the induction on bolster courage was removed so use it.

3. Use cry of chorus to get your 3 ballads back and you can repeat steps 1 and 2. If the heals were not sufficient use triumphant spirit.

All the above mentioned points are to my view  and need not be right :D.  Everyone of us has a different way of playing and our opinions differ.

Hafwen has a really good guide out on healing minstrels. This may have couple points to it and my views in general.

Looking forward to feedback.

Cheers,

Avi

Kamen Winterwine

Totally legit.  Nice work.  I have my skills set slightly different but the tactics are the same.

Instead of the five points in critical strikes, I have one in Anthem of Composure, and six in tactical mastery, and only three points in vocal stamina.  This gives me 5% less in crit rating but 5% more tactical mitigation... though I'm considering switching closer to what you have.  Very nice.  The only other difference is in blue line, I got Inner Strength instead of Resonant Piercing Cry.  I may be wrong, but I think the Inner Strength mitigation stacks three times.

I'm considering dropping the mitigations for the extra crit rating... but I like having Anthem of Composure handy for emergency battery recharge.  I keep Resonant Anthem of the Third Age up all the time otherwise, but its easy to pop composure and a coda and get the Third Age back up with a 30sec cool-down Cry of the Chorus.

Nice setup and excellent write-up.  Thanks!  :)

Andlen
Wanderer

Thank you for the feedback. The reason I chose resonant cry was for the added increased heals from bolster courage in the range compared to 3% increase in mitigations on one target which everyone has maxed these days. I dont really use anthem of composure so i went for longer anthem durations and such.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

I was wondering though if the resist bonus is worth it for Anthem of Composure during the boss fights with bleeds.

Wanderer

I tested how much more resistance u get from using anthem of composure, its increased by about 3% mine went from 30.2% to 33.4% without the anthem of composure legacy. In my opinion its not a game changing amount but guess every little bit helps. I will still take extra heals over a minor increase in chance at resist.

Kamen Winterwine

I'm curious what you folks think about the 5% crit vs 5% extra tactical mitigation.  Essentially 25% base healing crit chance and 45% tactical mitigation vs. 30% crit chance and 40% tactical mit.  I try to be a little less squishy but tactical damage may not be my biggest worry... *mumbles curses about archers*

Two less points in vocal stamina only affects anthem cooldown by 4sec and still allows you to max out Extended Anthems.  I've never had trouble waiting on an anthem cooldown when the bottleneck is either three ballads or a 30sec cooldown Cry of the Chorus anyhow.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

We did a push a couple months ago to have everyone work on their mits. It is more beneficial to the group to have every max their mits with essences etc. so the mini can use another anthem. Because its a percent and not a plus on the mit bonus, it does not affect anyone who has maxed it. I was thinking it was more useful for the resistance but Avi made a nice point above. I'm currently switching out my Anthem of Composure legacies for something else.

Sorry, I was referring to the 6 points in Tactical Mastery under the yellow tree which gives an additional 5% tactical mitigation to the minstrel only. It does stack with the 40% cap for pajama wearing classes allowing the minstrel to reach 45% tactical mitigation.

I still think Anthem of Composure is good for its power restoration though. I don't use it for its buff effects at all. Anthem of Composure modifies your coda to provide a power over time restorative effect that helps if you've been drained, resurrected with low power, or just in one of those epic battles that seems to go on forever.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Oops I read it wrong. Was at the shop getting my car fixed. Focus lady!

Wanderer

Good point on power regen, was thinking of taking some points from anthem and placing them into power return in blue line. The 75th point i got was spent there. for power regen over time is also provided by inspire fellows.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

What do you think about using a power legacy instead?

Wanderer

im already using the power legacy but still run out in prolonged fights. Also the new instances have mobs which set your power to zero with a debuff. in those situations its better to have some kind of power regen to go along with power pot.

Kamen Winterwine

I've never really dabbled in the power return under blue line but I don't usually have power problems either. I use Anthem of Composure on all three of my specs.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

I have posted a mini discussion on the calendar for this Thursday at 8:30. Hoping to do it as a sort of introduction/set up for the raid healing mini going over a lot of what we are talking about in these threads. I'd loooove it if one or both of you can make it. My skills are in dirty jokes and not public speaking. However I plan to get peeps exploring their trait panels to make sure the points are spent wisely and good legacies.

The RB style is to talk about the benefits rather than tell people what to have on their weapons. Ultimately it is up to the individual person what they choose to go with. We may point fingers and laugh though.

I will do a second session later going into more detail on skills rotations, aggro management and general kick assability of the raiding mini.

Awesome. I'll plan to be there. Sounds like fun. :)

Thanks for setting up a meet.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Minstrel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: