View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

re: Regular T2 Osgiliath Group?

West coast.  Not usually available until at least 5:15 PST.  Can bring a Burg or Guard, or a healing RK in a pinch.  RK is not what I would consider fully ready at the moment, more like 90% ready.

Kamen Winterwine

Awesome. Lots of guards and DPS to compliment my heals.  I don't think I have permissions to post to the calendar or at least I'm ignorant of the procedure.  Let's get this party started.  :D

I'm still getting familiar with everyone's alts, but if you folks are looking to group I've been playing my guard Ghydeon lately trying to get him leveled and ready so I have more options.  After that I'll start working on my RK Torbek who's still L90 but so easy to level.  If you see me on one of my alts, feel free to message me.  I'll happily switch for group activity...  or hit me up on Steam of course.

Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

What day/time do you want me to put it on the calendar?

Kamen Winterwine

Monday at 8:15 sounds good.

Aurland
Past Officer
Explorer

Put it on the calendar.  Dadi is also running a group 15 minutes later which has at least 6 signups, so I put you down as group 2.

Kamen Winterwine

Alrighty, I think I had signed up to that one but hopefully we have enough people to run two.  Maybe we can push the other one to next week or is the Dadi group going to be a weekly?  If more people sign up than slots to fill, we try to run more than one group anyhow, so not sure we need two events on the calendar for the same day.  Sorry, for the confusion.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

The one on the calendar is the regular weekly one which hasn't been too regular with crazy schedules.

Oh... yeah don't need two groups posted on the same day and time then. Argh... 

It looks like more than enough people are signed up for tonight so maybe the second group can run RC T2.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

That's cool. I posted DoS x 2 on the MOTD. Thanks for taking the second group out!

Well group 2 didn't fare so well.  A lot of us hadn't done T2 before and some hadn't been through a T1 run of DoS before so it was a little rough.  Maybe next time Dadi does a run he can setup a stream so other kinnies can be spectators to the run and learn that way?  I know Steam makes it really easy for people to watch you play but I don't know if you need the Steam version of the LOTRO client installed for it to work... just some ideas... would be cool if more people could benefit from his wisdom.  ;)

Dadi
Proudcdn
Explorer

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?569564-Dadi-s-Guide-to-Dome-of-the-Stars-T1-T2

Kamen Winterwine

Yup, we followed the guide well up to the oliphant and then died horribly.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Our group found the elephant tough. We found places we can tweak gear and improved our attack plan. Almost had him if it weren't for those darned archers!

T2C isn't for the faint of heart.

Yeah, I don't think the Sloppy Seconds group was fully geared up either.  ;)

We learn more from our failures than we do our successes so its always time well spent though.

I for one am going to continue working on my tank and fire RK so I can learn more classes/roles.  Until I have a better grasp of what everyone else is capable of, I don't think I can effectively lead a group of foolhardy adventurers into the drooling maw of doom that is T2.

Given the opportunity, I hope I can get in on more groups as a healer for now.  RC T2 is a bit easier to grok.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

We found a HUGE help was the RK's Do Not Fall. With a cappy, mini and two RKs in the group we had plenty of in combat rezes. Unfortunately once that elephant got really mad we fell like dominoes. Our group would have had him but by the time we got our act together it was getting late for some of us to continue.

With tweaked gear we'll get this.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: