View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Maegilthalion
Officer / Donator
Explorer

re: Bastard Executioner

I was wondering if anyone else had been keeping up with Kurt Sutter's (Sons of Anarchy) newest creation

the Bastard Executioner.

My wife and I are trying to keep an open mind on this one, we really want to like it.  Sons was one of our favorite shows and still a guilty binge watching pleasure from time to time.

Executioner might just be setting up, but it (alas) is fast becoming a cure for insomnia in our house.

I hope it picks up soon.

Anyone else having this issue?

Maeg.

I made it through 20 minutes of the first episode before I shut it off. Between Walking Dead, Heroes Reborn and a few others, the competition is fierce this year. It won't make it past 5 episodes I bet.

Explorer

It's on cable, so it'll have a longer leash because of that.  I have all episodes on DVR ready to watch, but haven't seen any yet.  So far nothing is truly outstanding on TV this season so I may end up watching this after all.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Blood and Oil is good so far.

Explorer

No idea.  Too busy re-watching Vikings season 3 on the unrated blu-rays, the way the director intended, instead of cut to bits to make room for advertisements about the SAME DAMN SHOW YOU'RE WATCHING RIGHT NOW.  Screw you, History channel!

Maegilthalion
Officer / Donator
Explorer

I absolutely LOVE Vikings.

Chances Ragnar is gonna do something brutal and horrid to Floki next (last) season......?

I give it 70/30 in favor of blood.

Gonna have to catch some of these others you guys are mentioning, Executioner isn't getting any faster....

Maeg.

I think The Bastard Executioner is OK for what it is. Not as good as Vikings but they have an opportunity to round it out. Yes, there is too much on TV right now. Not all good but some shows aren't bad.

Minority Report and Limitless are iffy to make it to 2nd season in my opinion.

MY wife and I still think Gotham is pretty good, acting is quite good in it.

Heroes Reborn looks ok so far but not sure it will make it to a 2nd season.

mary.f.laufer
Wanderer

re: Bastadge Executioner

I was really letdown. I thought the previews were kickbutt, and got me really excited for the show, I too am a Sons fan, so was happy something would be close to helping my withdrawals. But no, it was not to be. I think it sucks bigtime and I refuse to watch another minute of it. Yuck.

Maegilthalion
Officer / Donator
Explorer

I dunno, the plot line with the baroness is actually becoming entertaining.

I'm gonna stick it out another couple weeks...

(it's better than Brian Cranston in his tidy-whities on any day of the week, for all you Breaking Bad die hards out there.....)

Maeg.

I watched the first two episodes, it is picking up after all...You really get a good sense of rural Wales so far, that's for sure.  Very cinematic and action ebbs and flows instead of being constant like in Sons.  But I like it, I think.

Limitless was not too bad, pretty interesting premise and done well.  I like Jennifer Carpenter (ever since Dexter).  

Watched Fear the Walking Dead, pretty good so far also, glad it was short for first season, since my DVR if filling up with conflicts.

Gotham is a good one (wife likes it) and the comic book feel that it has is kinda fun, it's dark but not too serious.

I like Blindspot so far as well, pretty good premise, though the lead FBI guy should learn to open his mouth while talking.

Oh, and of course, Fargo is back, probably the best show on TV.  Last year's most striking show for me; this season is all new cast but same crew, so should be very good as well.  All new story also.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Fargo is good? Have to check it out.

Explorer

lmao, Fargo is just weird in it's own weird way.  Highly recommended!  check it out!

We tried Bastard Executioner the other night.  Hnoss couldn't even finish the first episode, and it wasn't holding my attention at all.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Was Hnoss distracting you? Mmmm?

Explorer

She was too busy wanting to throw things at the TV.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: