View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercho

re: Minstrel Legacies

I'm curious how others view the legacies we have as minstrels.  To start the discussion, I'll assign a rating to all our legacies for pve healing and pve DPS.  Let me know if you think I rated one, or several, of them too low or too high.

Healing (pve) - Weapon

(Must Have)

-x Rally! CD / +x% Major Ballad Healing
-x% Healing Skills Induction Time / +x Healing Skills Critical Rating
-x Triumphant Spirit CD / +x% Triumphant Spirit Critical Magnitude

(Good)

-x Still as Death CD / -x Song of Distraction CD
+x Anthem Duration / +x% Melee Skills Critical Magnitude
-x Call to Ioreth CD / +x% Call to Ioreth Healing Skills Critical Magnitude
+x Will
+x Vitality
+x Fate

(Not Recommended)

+x% Soliloquy of Spirit Healing Magnitude
+x Agility
+x Might

Healing (pve) - Book

(Must Have)

+x% Healing and Motivation Skills Morale Healing
+x% Bolster Courage Healing

(Good)

-x Cry of the Chorus CD / +x% Critical Magnitude of Ballads
+x Anthem of War Tactical Mastery
+x Anthem of War Physical Mastery
+x Anthem of Composure (Resistance)
+x% Inspire Fellows Healing
+x Will
+x Vitality
+x Fate

(Not Recommended)

+x Anthem of Composure (Tactical Mitigation)
+x% Hammerhand Skills Bubble Magnitude
-x% Healing Skills Power Cost
+x% Raise the Spirit Healing
+x Cord of Salvation Crit Rating
+x Agility
+x Might

DPS (pve) - Weapon

(Must Have)

+x% Call of Erome and Earendil Damage
+x% Call of the Second Age Damage
+x% Call to Fate Critical Multiplier
+x% Piercing Cry Damage

(Good)

-x Still as Death CD / -x Song of Distraction CD
+x Anthem Duration / +x% Melee Skills Critical Magnitude
+x% Minor Ballad Damage
+x% Perfect Ballad Damage
-x Target Resist Rating (Call to War Skills)
+x Will
+x Vitality
+x Fate

(Not Recommended)

-x Target Resist Rating (Invocation of Elbereth)
+x Agility
+x Might

DPS (pve) - Book

(Must Have)

+x% Light Damage

(Good)

-x Cry of the Chorus CD / +x% Critical Magnitude of Ballads
+x Anthem of War Tactical Mastery
+x Anthem of War Physical Mastery
+x Anthem of Composure (Resistance)
+x Will
+x Vitality
+x Fate

(Not Recommended)

+x Anthem of Composure (Tactical Mitigation)
+x% Hammerhand Skills Bubble Magnitude
+x Echoes of Battle Resistance Rating Debuff
-x Target Resist Rating (Ballads)
-x Target Resist Rating (Songs)
+x Agility
+x Might

Last edited by Mercho on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dstini
Explorer

I would say that's a good list.  As far as stat legacies, will clearly outclasses vit/fate, and you'll probably only have room for one.  I would probably switch composure resistance with composure tactical for T2 overcapping purposes and because resistance has a lot of diminishing returns once you use virtues to initially boost.

I also use minor ballad while dpsing.  There's a good amount of downtime between the cooldowns of the big call skills where you're spamming minor>piercing>minor>piercing.  I also like echoes of battle resistance rating for groups, but it's apparently bugged like half the resistance rating debuffs in this game >_< https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?601662-Legacy-quot-Echoes-of-Battle-Resistance-Rating-Debuff-quot-is-broken

Laly has a kick ass book that does a HUGE boost to the masteries of his group. I am guessing it means he is red line healing in melody to get the DPS legacies to work. I wouldn't recommend an offensive strategy for a T2C raid though. The T3 skirms really only needed one mini.

I use Cry of Chorus nearly constantly so that one is an absolute must for me. If you do the CoC, anthem, coda, bolster bolster bolster, the cool down is very handy.

I'd put soliloquy of spirit in the junk pile. The heals are so negligible it seems to just be something to pass the time between battles with.

Still as Death cool down is one of my favorites too. Honey is a floppy girl.

Vitality on a tactical class seems to be an exercise in futility. I could be wrong though...that opinion requires math.

For the pve book I would do chord of salvation over Vit or Fate. A mini's group heals are what makes them so freaking fabulous.

Love the discussion! It's been a long time since we dissected a weapon.

Dstini wrote:

I would say that's a good list.  As far as stat legacies, will clearly outclasses vit/fate, and you'll probably only have room for one.  I would probably switch composure resistance with composure tactical for T2 overcapping purposes and because resistance has a lot of diminishing returns once you use virtues to initially boost.

I also use minor ballad while dpsing.  There's a good amount of downtime between the cooldowns of the big call skills where you're spamming minor>piercing>minor>piercing.  I also like echoes of battle resistance rating for groups, but it's apparently bugged like half the resistance rating debuffs in this game >_< https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?601662-Legacy-quot-Echoes-of-Battle-Resistance-Rating-Debuff-quot-is-broken

I agree Will is the best of the stat legacies.  It hard to compare stats side by side but, here are the numbers I use to value these 3 stats.  The lower the number the better.

Will         125.9
Vitality         222.4
Fate         417.7

I'm not a fan of +x Anthem of Composure (Tactical Mitigation).  I'd hope by now everyone knows what the mitigation numbers are gears themselves accordingly.  Praying the minstrel in your group has and can keep this buff on you 100% of the time is playing with fire.

Last edited by Mercho on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mercho

Hafwen Elfling wrote:

Laly has a kick ass book that does a HUGE boost to the masteries of his group. I am guessing it means he is red line healing in melody to get the DPS legacies to work. I wouldn't recommend an offensive strategy for a T2C raid though. The T3 skirms really only needed one mini.

I use Cry of Chorus nearly constantly so that one is an absolute must for me. If you do the CoC, anthem, coda, bolster bolster bolster, the cool down is very handy.

I'd put soliloquy of spirit in the junk pile. The heals are so negligible it seems to just be something to pass the time between battles with.

Still as Death cool down is one of my favorites too. Honey is a floppy girl.

Vitality on a tactical class seems to be an exercise in futility. I could be wrong though...that opinion requires math.

For the pve book I would do chord of salvation over Vit or Fate. A mini's group heals are what makes them so freaking fabulous.

Love the discussion! It's been a long time since we dissected a weapon.

Next time I heal a run I'll try to remember to look at the Combat Analysis numbers to see how low the SoS healing numbers are.  I assume you're probably right about that legacy being junk.

A Vitality legacy at tier 44 gives +186 Vitality.  186 Vitality works out, for a Minstrel, to 558 Morale and 372 Resistance.  558 Morale is a decent chunk.  372 Resistance works out to about 1/2 of one percent.

I may be wrong about +x Cord of Salvation Crit Rating, but from how it reads, it makes it sound like it only affects the Critical Rating of that one spell.  I personally have a high Critical Rating to max my critical healing percentage.  If I added this legacy I would gain almost no benefit from it.

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

" may be wrong about +x Cord of Salvation Crit Rating, but from how it reads, it makes it sound like it only affects the Critical Rating of that one spell.  I personally have a high Critical Rating to max my critical healing percentage.  If I added this legacy I would gain almost no benefit from it."

I am most interested to see what the bump over max would be for this one...if there is one. Will try to find out and post it here.

Explorer

If you're already maxed (which is a good idea), chord crit rating won't do anything.  Generally speaking, those crit rating legacies are useless for this reason.

I just saw your thread on the forums Mercho. Looks like its a wasted legacy. Bummer.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?583589-Imbued-Legacies-critical-rating

Dadi looking over my shoulder just now says, + ratings never go above a percent cap but + percents do.

Explorer

Some examples;

BLOCK

If the Block soft-cap is 25% and you are at 25% already;

Anything that says + Block Rating will do nothing at all.

Anything that says + Block Percent will carry you over the 25% soft-cap.

CRIT

Crit is a bit different as there is a Crit Cap but also Devastate Crit and Devastate Magnitude attached to it.

Your Crit % is currently soft-capped at 25%.  Devastate Cit is soft-capped at 10% and Devastate Magnitude does not have a cap (to my knowledge).

Assuming you are at the soft-cap for Crit (25%);

Anything that says + Crit Rating will do nothing at all to your Crit.

Anything that says + Crit Rating will do nothing at all to your Devastate Crit %.

Anything that says + Crit Rating will increase your Devastate Crit Magnitude %.

Anything that says + Crit Percent will carry you over the 25% Crit soft-cap.

Anything that says + Crit Percent will carry you over the 10% Dev Crit soft-cap.

Anything that says + Crit Percent will not affect your Devastating Crit Magnitude.   

Mercho

Due to a discussion I had in kin chat today, I downgraded -x Target Resist Rating (Songs) from Good to Not Recommended.  I also downgraded +x% Soliloquy of Spirit Healing Magnitude from Good to Not Recommended.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Minstrel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: