View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Moonrager_gamer

re: Throne of Dread Terror - Notes

So - not sure if there are discussions after the raid, or if you all talk about it, but in my old raiding days, we usually did have a Lessons Learned meeting a day or two after a raid, especially if there were issues.

So, as I told Dadi last night during the raid, my melee attacks were dragging my into the circle A  LOT; mostly 1/2 into the circle and at times almost to the other side.  I was constantly back-peddling to get back to Dadi's location, but again each attack had me running back into the circle.  I don't know what do do about that really.  If it's a Bear issue or not, but having me stand in the spot and no attacks seems to be quite a waste of a raid spot.

Another issue that I witnessed, but maybe I could be wrong, it seemed at times instead of the tanks being at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock on the circle, a few times there seemed to be movement and we ended up at 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock, which I think may be too close to handle the AOE damage.  One thing I noticed on the ground close by the circle was the body of a dead soldier.  I think that could be used as a good landmark for people to stay close to and not move too far from the tank.  I know we want them basically standing on the tank spot, but there are just sometimes where people wiggle around a bit and having an additional landmark could be helpful.

After we stopped last night, I was invited to another group going through.  The Raid leader actually asked me to go Yellow (healing spec) and not Red DPS.  He already had two full time healers for each Raid group, but he specifically wanted me there for the debuffs I put on the boss.  Not to mention the additional AOE healing I applied to the Raid which seemed to help out greatly with the AOE damage going on.  So just to let you know what debuffs are being added, when I apply the Mark of Beorn on the target I can apply on the boss a -20% Melee/Range/Tactical damage debuff for 12 seconds (30 sec CD), a+5% miss change for 8 seconds (8sec CD) and when the adds come out, I can apply a fear to all adds around the boss which of course is broken on damage, but does give a second or two respite for the group from their damage.  After 2-3 attempts, we were successful.

Player Morale levels were also an issue in the 2nd group, but not quite as bad as we had in the first group.  This may have been the difference between the 2nd group succeeding where the first group did not.

So, thats all I got today.  If I'm going to be in the raid at least for that first boss, possibly a new strategy is I go Yellow line and debuff/heal as my duties.

Pen

- Ithil Legendary - 50 RK Moonrager, 50 Beorning WunWun, 25 LM Samwell

Arkenstone - 120 Burglar Drakonthorn, 120 RK Moonrager, 120 Beorning Pendrakon, 115 Warden Aegris, 115 LM Drakborn, 115 Hunter Drakonen, 115 Mini Placido, 115 Capt Ralegh, 115 Champ Ulys

- Brandywine -  120 Burglar Drakonthorn

Gladden - 115 Guard Guardagang, 108 Beorning Drakonhide, 107 Mini Feliciano, 106 Hunter Chilln
Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

That's an excellent debrief. Ty!

I can totally appreciate having some toons as support/buffers especially when the mobs want to make you work so hard to stay in one spot. A yellow line mini would also be helpful for spot heals and buffing the group.

You are totally right. Our mini in the second group was working over time. I ended up doing groups heals for my guys and spot healing the second group but both of us couldn't recover the massive damage on peeps with 20-25K morale in time. My blue line build has a lot of points into yellow for making the groups heals better. I might take a screenie of my set up in case it helps anyone else.

I suspect mits could use some work.

We had two excellent tanks. It might be worthwhile practicing trading agro on demand. I believe they had trouble harnessing their awesomeness.

Wanderer

So, i was underwhelmed by last night's raid attempt. I'm going on vacation, but would like to run Throne of the Dread Terror T1 at 7:30pm on both Monday, July 25 and Friday, July 29th, subject to change as my wife feels fit!

I'm looking for:

1x Guardian

1x Captain

2x Minstrel

2x Champion

2x Rune-Keeper

1x Loremaster

2x Whatever else we got

Please be positive, open to new ideas and adjustments, and ready for about 3-3.5 hours of play.  We should be able to break periodically to tuck your little ones in, but please take one night to stick with it to the end.  I'm more than a little bit confident that our kin can clear this raid right now, based on the groups I've done it with.

Please be ready to use TeamSpeak, have scrolls, tokens, morale/power/wound/fear/poison/disease pots, all kinds of food: seven star stew, superiour soup, superiour feasts, any class-specific consumables that can help.

Gear: don't stress.  I'll give ballpark desirable numbers below.  Basically just focus on what you do best.  There has been an undue stress recently on what gear and stats you must have to participate.  Just make an effort to hit the ballpark numbers below, and try to get whatever significant set bonuses will help your class (ex. guardian +5s taunt duration, minstrel +10% outgoing heals, captain oathbreaker's reset, pelennor armour +10% damage, etc)

Ranged/tactical DPS: 23-27k morale, 75k mastery, 20% finesse, max crit, full mits (40% crit def, 30% resist)

Melee DPS: 25-30k morale, 75k mastery, 20% finesse, max crit, full mits (40+% crit def, 25+% resist)

Healers: 38-45k morale, full healing crit with legacy, full mits, high mastery/crit def/resists

Tanks: 50k morale, full mits, good b/p/e, 15-20% finesse, high crit def, resist, incoming heals

Make sure you have a couple of pieces you can swap for extra morale or mastery as the situation calls for we may need an extra push of a few 1000 mastery, or a few 1000 extra morale to make it through some of the various fights.  

It doesn't even have to be level 105. None of it.  An intelligently built toon can do this EASILY with level 100 gear. (Not crappy level 100 gear, mind you....)  So if your build isn't totally finished.....

I

DO

NOT

CARE

We'll be fine.

Again, these are ballpark.  Just make sure you hit hard if you're dps and have high morale and defense if you're a primary healer or tank.  I've completed the entire raid with some members that had some relatively poor gear.  I think we've just placed too high of a value on defenses for classes that should not be defending.  

Please check your settings to reduce lag and test your connection at some point next week by joining a PUG raid.  If you tend to lag, you should not plan to be a primary healer or tank....go DPS and we can hang in while you catch up.  If you lag continuously or disconnect often, you may not be able to contribute effectively in raid setting. TO BE CLEAR: I DO NOT feel that anyone in the group I joined with RB had too much lag to raid.  We might need to reassign roles, but I'm sure we can work it out with all the players that joined last night.

So...gear up, buy consumables from the AH if you don't craft them, check your connection, budget some time, stock the beer/wine and snacks and expect to win.  

Kenny the Confident (Hothran/Telinborn/Hursthelion and those other toons)

P.S.  Raid times subject to change as determined by my wife and kids!!!!!  (I'll be able to verify 24hrs out from each time)

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Quick somebody give this guy a job around here!

HUZZAH!

Have a great vacation!

Pen

- Ithil Legendary - 50 RK Moonrager, 50 Beorning WunWun, 25 LM Samwell

Arkenstone - 120 Burglar Drakonthorn, 120 RK Moonrager, 120 Beorning Pendrakon, 115 Warden Aegris, 115 LM Drakborn, 115 Hunter Drakonen, 115 Mini Placido, 115 Capt Ralegh, 115 Champ Ulys

- Brandywine -  120 Burglar Drakonthorn

Gladden - 115 Guard Guardagang, 108 Beorning Drakonhide, 107 Mini Feliciano, 106 Hunter Chilln
Telinborn
Officer / Donator
Wanderer

Would someone please put my runs on the calendar when it's convenient?  Thanks!

Kenny

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Done! Linked this thread to the sign up page to show your requirements.

Noob

Hi, thanks for the comments on gear for Dread Terror. I have found that I could indeed get to the previously-posted required T2 stats with mostly level 100 Nadhin armour plus one piece of 105 armour and several pieces of 105 jewelry. Or pretty darn close to them. So yes it can be done!

Now, on the new morale requirement for healers posted above, my question is whether the 38k to 45k is buffed or unbuffed?

Thanks!

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

I'm thinking buffed. Most stat requirements include food or cappy buffs I think.

Wanderer

Try to have a way to get to that range without the cappy buffs.  Sometimes the extra bit of morale on the healer can turn a potential wipe into success.  Also, not every fellowship will have a cappy.  If you cannot get there on your own or think you'll be tough enough without, we'll just try it out and see!!  Make sure you're close though!

Kenny 

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

It might be a good idea to make a couple extra jewelry pieces with just morale on them in case you need to switch out some mastery for more survivability.

Noob

Hafwen Elfling wrote:

It might be a good idea to make a couple extra jewelry pieces with just morale on them in case you need to switch out some mastery for more survivability.

Because the armour pieces just aren't dropping for me (have one so far, but YAY for that!!), I am already using my jewelry for morale. So, right now, I will sit things out a bit while I keep going on the armour chases. Hope to see you guys in the raid in the near future, though!!!

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

I hear ya. Got three of rings for each finger but not much else has dropped.

Wanderer

Hi all!

Thanks for the hard work and patience on Monday!  Things will smooth out and speed along if participation continues.  I have some additional input for players trying to move towards raid and T2 participation below.  I hope some find it helpful and I know that some of you can give more and better advice than me as well!  Again, I hope it's helpful for anyone looking for a little help.  I would not be effective in groups if not for the advice, patience and encouragement of our officers, long-time members and other random overachieving friends.

I've updated the raid signups to include my class/role preferences where I can assign toons.  I think our group Monday had a challenging mix of classes.  I think 2 hunters is probably the maximum since RK can apply DNF as well.  We have some great players with hunter mains, but I think 3+ is more than what we want for Throne at present. It would also be good if Turbine could fix the raid locks so that Ebergon could use his champion on T1 without issues, since he is epic.

Back to gearing/building briefly.  Please don't hesitate to sign up with what you have.  Still, if you enjoy difficult content and/or raids, use your game time to keep working towards the best gear possible.  It may take lots of runs of instances to get the gear that's best for your class, so don't be shy, go for it!  I know the 2-slot jewelry and essence recipes are easy to get from the Featured Instance runs, but make sure you run the Pelennor instances for the 4-slot armour sets available and use those to tweak out your build.  The Osgiliath runs on T2C give some excellent armour boxes with set bonuses and some excellent 3-slot necklaces and bracelets.  You can also get a slotted level 100 pocket item from roving threat quests/deeds (Gift-Giver's Brands).

Next is experience.  I know of the first-timers to Throne we had a bunch of seasoned raiders and a few a little bit new to the scene.  I have to say I was pretty happy with everyone's contribution.  If you are new to tougher content or spend a lot of time toon-hopping, take some time to really sink into a toon you like and try out tougher 3- or 6-man runs (T2 or T2C) so you can really get comfortable with your skill rotations, group play and tricky mechanics of tough fights.  Ask questions and advice from players you trust, especially ones that match your class, both kinmates and others.  Very good players have matched up their gear, traits, and legacies carefully and have planned sequences of skills to maximize their effectiveness.  Plugins can help you track effects and sequence your skills as well.

SO....

1. Great job!  We'll get farther with more experience, so sign up again as often as fits your schedule!

2. Keep gearing up your main toon between raids.  Ask for groups in kin and join some advertised in world chat until you get the best stuff.  I'm happy to help you get your stuff.  Just got Derp and Harl leggings from quays last night!

3.  Give extra time to playing your raiding toon in groups and check with other players and online to get ideas if you can benefit from others' experience.

If you need anything just ask!  Raiding doesn't have to be part of your gameplay, but it's a fun way to bond with kinmates and overcome some fun challenges and experience game content you just can't do alone.  

Looking forward to Friday!!!

Kenny

Relemoth
Officer / Donator
Wanderer

Often times the gold BB pocket is great, but as you gear up you may find some of the stats less desirable and want to go for that RT pocket. I kill most of the West Gondor RT's every day (don't usually solo Skorval because it takes too long), so if you need some brands just shout at me in game, I'd be happy to burn through them again and again. With the deed associated in killing the RTs of West Gondor it's possible to get enough brands for the pocket in 1 day, but it'll likely take 2. Point is, hit me up in game and I'll likely kill them all with you.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Raiding Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: