View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisperstryk
Noob

re: Raid Suggestions

I was on the other day when I think it was Dadi asking what we would like to do. How about a general run through with correct level toons doing a run through of all the major dungeons. Like a refresher of LOTR

Since its been awhile since I've played, when u mention a raid like Deeping Wall - does the wiki cover what it is? Plus the correct level. I'd like to get back into raiding simply because I don't want to play this game alone. I can play single shooter games if I want that image

Hafwen Elfling
Explorer

Deeping wall is the only 12 man epic battle. Its level 105 + I believe and will scale down anyone over level. It may be the best way to get a lower level raid to not be a faceroll.

I love the idea of on-level raiding but the logistics of getting enough people at the same level might be difficult. You level out of Moria (for example) so quickly its hard to keep people there. I know a few chronic leveling kinnies who might be up for it.

We are bringing back retro raid night and running these classic raids over again. Probably the best way to keep it a little challenging would be to run them short handed. 

On level there are still some raids that are super difficult. Battle for Erebor and Smaug are super hard with the mechanics. I can see that being a fun endeavor.

I'd like to see more of the current endgame content run. In particular Dungeons of Naerband and the new Raid. Really tired of running CoS, and older content that I have run 10k+ times I really have no interest in. 

I like to run with kinmates, left the last 2 kins I was in because of a lack of grouping and was tired of having to join pugs.

-Kalil

Dadi
Proudcdn
Explorer

I have run several Abyss runs with the kin (likely 15-20 since launch); mostly ad hoc as my schedule has been unpredictable.  All have been at around 8pm EST.  The last one I did on the calendar you signed up for and did not show up :(

I will certainly be putting more of these on the calendar moving forward.

Please keep in mind that we fill spots based on;

- Classes required to succeed

- Kin mates

- Outside friends

I will also mention that unfortunately the new raid is not at all melee friendly and typically groups do not want any Champions at all.  I typically save a spot for one to promote inclusiveness.

AmandaKay
Noob

I personally like running anything as long as I have people to run with.  There are non-scaling instances at 32\34, 46\50, 56\58\60, and 75.  I usually have a storage alt or two around the low 30s, but I've been trying to level then halt alts at the other levels.  I have two currently at level 50\51 (51 means you can use something other than the starter legendary items), one I halted at 78, and one I'm passively leveling from 66 to 75.  I highly recommend buying at Stone of the Tortoise from the Store for 95 LPs if you like experiencing these older instances on level or simply enjoy running everything on level.  It doesn't take long at all to level a fresh character to level 50.  The gear and virtue ranks available for level 50 are better than what was available when 50 was the level cap, so getting a group through that content should be pretty reasonable without a lot of work.  Level 60 is easier if you run scaling instances for gear rather than relying on gear originally available (because they reworked stat contributions I think for Rise of Isengard (66-75), so some of long-existing gear prior to that is stat-wise not very good anymore.  Scaling instances don't give loot until level 50+, but you can get jewelry from Epic Battles even at level 10.  Don't try to solo those at 10 though!  *giggles*  I think you need to get up to 65 or so to be able to safely solo them, though I highly recommend having a friend with a high level character duo with you until you get to rank 5 or 6 so you can do a little more.

My only downside is I have to wake up pretty early during the week, so I generally need to stop for the night around 9pm EST.  Friday\Sat night, however is fair game for anything.  :)

Elweenia: lore-master

Melda: hunter

Kerthryth: captain

Hallana: guardian

Yaavie: rune-keeper
Kalil666

Proudcdn wrote:

I have run several Abyss runs with the kin (likely 15-20 since launch); mostly ad hoc as my schedule has been unpredictable.  All have been at around 8pm EST.  The last one I did on the calendar you signed up for and did not show up :(

I apologize for not being there. I had the full intention of raiding that night when I signed up. Life had other plans that interfered.

dbz10
Noob

I like making progress in the raid, and I would also enjoy running older content, either scaled up or on lower level characters. I'm on the west coast so often times scheduled events during week days are a bit early for me. During the weekend I can basically play any time during the day. 

-ulambor

Last edited by dbz10 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hudd999
Noob

The Abyss would be first, T1 and eventually T2.  I would also like to see Orthanc raid and maybe prereq's if needed during the week - to get the Horse of Many Colours (a cool horse).  Also the Big Battle Raid is always fun and takes coordination between all to get some of the stuff done.

Amriella
Wanderer

Would there be any interest in older instances? Or skirms? Some easy marks/meds stuff?

Just wondering. I used to enjoy doing runs, but I haven't felt very confident in my skill lately.

dbz10
Noob

i would run older stuff if it works in my schedule! i haven't seen some of the older instances like OD, or the erebor ones and would like to do them at some point

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Raiding Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: