Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Rare Breeder's Digest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandagrim
Retired Kin Leader / Legacy Officer
Explorer

re: Rare Breeder's Digest Vol. I Issue 2

Dear Rare Breed,

Sorry for the delay in getting the next edition of the Rare Breeder's Digest out. It has been busy for Bandy the past little bit. Here is the kin news.

Bandy's Trip to France

The trip to France was absolutely awesome. I was able to see a lot of different sights around Paris, such as the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, Sainte Chappelle, and much more. I also spent a day in the Louvre; there was so much to see in there and such little time, .

The coolest thing tho was when my friends and I went to Normandy for two days. We were able to see Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach, and the American Cemetery. Its one thing to hear of these places, but to have the ability to see them in person is amazing. It is a real privilege to see the beaches were so many young men gave their all for our freedom and the world's freedom from tyranny.

Well the two weeks went quickly. It is good to be back and to finally start to get into the swing of things. Jet lag is a beast, . Well enough about me and my trip. Let's move on to other news.

Social Events

Here are the current plans for the next two social events. Remember things are subject to change. If there are any changes I will send out a kin mail giving them.

Friday March 9, 2012 - Kin House Decorating Night

We will meet at the kin house at 7:30pm. At this event we will be decorating the kin house as a kin, so bring your decorations that you would like to see be a part of the house. If you have some decorations for the house but are not able to be there, you may send them to either Cuddlebugz or myself, and we will make sure they get there. There is a 1 gold prize for the coolest housing decoration. We will end the event with our famous keg runs and another 1 gold prize to the person who is transported farthest from the kin house.

Friday March 16, 2012 - St. Patrick's Day Parade/ Fashion Show

We will meet in front of the Bird and Baby Inn in Michel Delving at 8:00pm. Please try to be on time for this one because we will be on the move. We will be leaving from the Bird and Baby on a parade through the Shire and Bree-land and to the Prancing Pony. We will ride slowly through the towns,; however, we will ride at a stiff gallup in the many wide open areas. Once we get to the Prancing Pony, you will be able get a pint of your favorite brew. Once our thirst is quenched, we will begin our fashion show.

The fashion show will be a place for you to show off all your neat cosmetics that you have gotten. There will be prizes handed for the winners and runner-ups of the following categories: Best Dressed (Male), Best Dressed (Female), Worst Dressed (Male), Worst Dressed (Female), best use of the color green (Male), and best use of the color green (Female). The last two are in honor of St. Patricks Day.

Prize for winners and runner-ups are as follows:
Best Dressed (Male and Female)
Winner: will depend on your lvl and need, but it will be nice
Runner-up: 1 gold
Worst Dressed (Male and Female)
Winner: 750 silver
Runner-up: 500 silver
Best use of the color green (Male and Female)
Winner: will depend on your lvl and need, but it will be nice
Runner-up: 1 gold

Website

Dont forget that this site is for you. Feel free to post in the forums. I added a place under the member discussions for you to leave any suggestions that you might have for the kin. This would be the place to ask for a specific instance run, or give an idea for something you would like to see at the social events, or give a suggestion of how you think we can improve the kin. Please keep the suggestions positive and constructive. This is not the place to complain about something; this is the place to help us grow. We cant do everything that is suggested, but we are open to new ideas.

Also, the guild bank has been updated. The guild bank lets you know what is available in the chests at the kin house. Please remember that what is there is for everybody, so feel free to take what you need, but remember that you are not the only one that needs things.

Conclusion

Well I will end this rather long newsletter now. Remember if you have any news that you would like to see included in newsletters just let me know by Tuesday.

Happy Hunting to All,
Bandy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rare Breed Forum Index -> Rare Breeder's Digest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: